Parkgate is the exciting new shopping and residential development that is being built in Shirley Town Centre.
After several years of planning, work is well underway on this regeneration scheme that will bring new shops and homes to Shirley Town Centre by Easter 2014. You can follow progress through regular updates here at www.parkgateshirley.com
This is what’s coming:
- About 20 new shops in an open, pedestrian friendly environment, alongside a brand new ASDA superstore together with numerous cafés and restaurants.
- Residential townhouses and apartments, including an appropriate amount of affordable housing, as well as retirement living apartments.
- £500,000 improvements to Shirley Park
- 500+ basement car parking spaces
- High quality public spaces with lighting and CCTV throughout.
- Public toilets and a shopmobility facility.
- Improvements to the Royal British Legion and First Shirley Scout Group HQ as well as new updated facilities for Shirley Baptist Church.
- Significant improvements to the roads in the surrounding area.